The International House Certificate in Teaching Younger Learners and Teenagers (IHCYLT) is a widely popular teacher training course and certificate which is designed to train teachers to international standards and enable them to use contemporary communicative methods and techniques to provide quality teaching to children between 5 and 16 years of age.
Teaching young learners is becoming more and more popular and almost every teacher nowadays has to teach young learners of various ages.
IHCYLT is an International Certificate produced and standardised by International House World Organisation (www.ihworld.com) and moderated and assessed by both the IHWO Assessment Unit and Cambridge English Language Assessment (www.cambridgeenglish.org).
The course aims are:
- to introduce teachers to the principles of modern teaching and to help them consider, evaluate and develop their own teaching skills.
- to introduce specific teaching techniques which are exclusively used in teaching young learner classes.
During the course candidates will have to:
- attend 30 hours of input sessions
- teach 4 observed and assessed lessons
- teach two different levels and age groups
- write two assignments 1000 words each
- complete portfolio and observation tasks and organise their portfolios
- plan their lessons with tutors
- observe 6 hours of recorded and experienced teachers’ lessons at IH Tbilisi
Who is the course for?
The course is for teachers with some previous teaching experience and also qualified language teachers who want further professional development in teaching young learners.
- a minimum English language level of C1 (CEFR). All of the sessions are presented in English and the written assignments must be written in English
- successful completion of the application form
- a CELTA certificate (preferable) or any other initial qualification in teaching
International House Tbilisi is running IHCYLT course from 5th June to 9th June intensively and the second half of the course will be run extensively over 5 Saturdays: 10th, 17th , 24th June, 1st July and be finished on 8th July.
In order to register for the course, candidates need to complete an application form, which can be found on www.ihtbilisi.ge and take an interview.
Tel: +995 32 294 05 15
+995 32 233 01 79
Application deadline: 12 May, 2017