Cambridge English DELTA
The diploma offers candidates who have experience of teaching English to adult speakers of other languages the opportunity to:
- Extend your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of English language teaching.
- Critically examine your current beliefs and practices as a teacher.
- Apply your new knowledge and understanding to your current teaching role.
- Extend your knowledge of English language teaching in context other than adult learners.
- Develop your career and apply for more senior roles.
If you already have substantial experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages and want to take your career to the next level, then the Cambridge English Assessment DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching) is the qualification for you. The DELTA helps deepen your understanding of the principles and practice behind teaching English to adults or young learners, in preparation for more senior teaching positions.
The new DELTA modularised qualification extends your professional experience and enables you to demonstrate your teaching ability at a higher and even more effective level. Being modularised, it also offers a degree of flexibility in terms of the order you study the modules and the time frame you wish to work within.
You need at least two years of post-CELTA teaching experience and to be at least 21 years old.
DELTA Module One Preparation Course
Our course preparing you for Module One is an extensive course starting at the beginning of November and leading up to the written exam in June.
The aim of DELTA Module One is to extend and develop candidates’ knowledge and understanding of:
- theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- different approaches and methodologies including current developments
- language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- language skills and learner problems
- resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
- key concepts and terminology related to assessment
Our preparation course aims to prepare you fully for the exam through:
- review of historical and current approaches and methodologies
- review of aspects of second language acquisition theories
- review of language and discourse analysis
- familiarisation with the exam
- developing strategies for completing the exam successfully
For more information, please contact us: email@example.com
Whether you take the preparation course or not, you can take the exam at IH Tbilisi.